RxNXT Privacy Notice
Last Updated: September 27, 2023
In certain situations, we function as a business associate for certain entities (e.g., health plans, pharmacy benefit managers) pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). In the course of providing services for these entities, we may use or collect your personal information on their behalf pursuant to our contracts with them and subject to HIPAA business associate agreements. Covered Entities, such as health plans, are required to have a Notice of Privacy Practices (“NPP”) which describe how such entity may use or disclose your health information. For more information about how your health information may be used or disclosed, please refer to the applicable entity’s NPP.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Notice at Collection: Please click here to read our CCPA Privacy Notice for additional information, including with respect to your rights, under the CCPA.
About the Services
The Services gathers several types of information from and about users of the Site. Among other things, this allows the Services to:
- Check the prices of your medication at multiple pharmacies near you;
- Show you comparable prices for your medication using information received from your health plan and third parties, and
- Provide coupons for your use at the pharmacy of your choice.
Categories of Information We Collect
The information we collect from or about you allows us to deliver Services to you and entities we work with. Depending on how you use the Site and Services, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Personal Identifier and Other Information: Your first and last name, email address, phone number, and other contact information when you provide it.
- Prescription Information: Your prescription, pharmacy, insurance, and healthcare provider information. This may include iInformation about medications you are seeking to fill (such as medication names and dosage) and your preferred pharmacy from health plans, pharmacy benefit managers and other entities we work with.
- Commercial Information: Your purchase and usage history, goods and service preferences, insurance information, demographic information, interest information, and communications with us. This iInformation may include information about your drug purchase transactions using coupons or a discount card, including drug name, drug price, pharmacy location, and prescribing healthcare provider from pharmacies, pharmacy benefit managers, and affiliates.
- Internet/Electronic Activity, Device Information, Usage Information: Your geolocation information, Internet Protocol (IP) address information that may identify your computer, mobile device, tablet, or other device or browser, information about your operating system and browser, including the hardware model and mobile network information web/app browsing and search history related to our Services, and information regarding your interactions with the Services or Site.
When you use the Site, we automatically collect some categories of information from you, such as information about your use of the Site (e.g., features used, content viewed, dates and times of interactions) and technical data about your device, such as operating system, model, device identifier, and IP address.
We may also automatically collect certain technical information relating to you, which your web browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website on the Internet, or which is collected when you use a mobile application (see “Cookies” below for more information).
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information we collect about you to provide our services and operate our business. Examples of how we may use your information include:
- Creating, Updating or Managing User Profiles and Accounts: We may use your information to create user profiles and accounts, or otherwise manage your account.
- Communicating With You: We may use your information to communicate with you on websites, mobile applications, and third-party platforms, as well as via emails and direct mail.
- Business Operations: We may use your information to understand your use of our Services in order to consider improving them, including to provide, change, market, or optimize our services and products, to perform analytics and to create new services and products. We also may use your information to determine whether applicable policies and terms are being violated. We also compile, synthesize, generate, and analyze anonymous usage and other aggregated statistics and information.
- Personalize or Contextualize Our Services: We use your information to help personalize and contextualize our Services and provide relevant content based on how you interact with our Services.
- Security and Auditing: We may use your information to audit interactions with you, detect security incidents, protect against fraud or other malicious activity, and identify and repair errors that may arise.
- Complying with Law: We may use your information to comply with applicable laws, including as required by judicial or administrative proceedings.
When permitted by applicable law, we may also:
- Combine the information you provide us, or that we collect from third parties, with other information maintained by us, and use that combined information for any of the above purposes.
- De-identify your information by removing information typically used to identify you (such as your name, phone number, email address, and Member ID) and use that de-identified information for any purpose permitted by law. We will not attempt to re-identify de-identified information (except as necessary to test our deidentification processes to ensure no individuals can be identified) and will use it only in de-identified form.
How We Share Information We Collect
Your information may be disclosed to the following parties:
- Your health plan or pharmacy benefit manager to provide benefits to you and manage health plan-related services.
- Pharmacies and other health care providers who help us provide the Services.
- Our parent and affiliated companies for business and operational purposes, including to provide the Services.
- If required to do so by law or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; or (3) to protect someone’s safety.
- Advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties related to the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate change of control resulting from, for example, a sale to, or merger with another entity. If all or substantially all our assets or stock is acquired by a third party, whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise, we may transfer our user database, including personally identifiable information contained in it, to the third party.
We take information security seriously. We use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized third-party access to your information. However, we cannot guarantee that these practices will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclosure of your information. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet or other electronic means. You use the Site and Services and provide us with your information at your own risk, and we accept no liability for unintentional disclosure.
The Sites do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information over time and across websites and online services you may use.
Information About Minors
The Site are intended for adults only and are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, individuals under the age of 18.
Links to Other Websites
Cookies and Similar Tools
If you prefer not to receive cookies from the Site, then set your browser to refuse all cookies from any websites that you may visit. This will provide you with more control over the acceptance of cookies on your computer. However, it is possibility that some portions of the Site will not function properly or may perform more slowly. By using our Site and not disabling cookies, you consent to their use. Please note that other tracking technologies may still function.
Your Privacy Rights
In addition to the privacy rights we provide to California residents (see CCPA Privacy Notice linked above for a description of those rights), we provide the following privacy rights (except where otherwise stated herein or qualified under those laws):
- Virginia, Colorado, and Connecticut State Privacy Rights: Under the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA), Colorado Privacy Act (CPA), and Connecticut Personal Data Privacy and Online Monitoring Act (CTDPA), Virginia, Colorado, and Connecticut residents, respectively, can:
- Submit a request to confirm processing of “personal data” and to access such personal data by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line: ATTN: Customer Service Department—Privacy Info. Prior to fulfilling your request, we will need to verify your identity, which may require additional pieces of information.
- Submit a request to correct inaccuracies in their personal information by emailing [email protected]. Please note that we may be unable to process certain requests to correct, depending on the nature of the information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information. As an alternative, you may delete your inaccurate information by following the instructions under “Deletion” below.
- Appeal our refusal to act on a relevant request by responding to the email that states such refusal.
- You can submit a request for deletion by contacting us at [email protected]with the subject line: ATTN: Customer Service Department—Data Deletion. Prior to fulfilling your request, we will need to verify your identity, which may require additional pieces of information.
- To unsubscribe from marketing emails, please use the link located at the bottom of the marketing email.
Storing Your Personal Information
Changes and Updates
2701 Olympic Blvd.
West Building Suite 200
Santa Monica, CA 90404