CCPA Privacy Notice
CCPA Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2023 (“Effective Date”)
General Information Regarding Your Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of Personal Information via our Service (and have done so within the past 12 months when engaging with our Service):
- Identifiers (such as your first name, last name, email address, home address, phone number, and online identifiers;
- Categories of Personal Information listed in Section § 1798.80(e) of the California Customer Records Act (such as your first name, last name, email address, home address, phone number, and online identifiers;
- Internet/Network Information (such as device information, logs and analytics data);
- Other Personal Information (including information you submit into contact request forms and any communications between you and RxNxt);
- Sensitive Personal Information.
- We process sensitive personal information for the limited purposes permitted by the CCPA that do not require a corresponding opt-out.
However, in the last 12 months, we have not knowingly “sold” personal information or “shared” personal information for “cross-context behavioral advertising.” We do not have actual knowledge of “selling” or “sharing” personal information of individuals under 16 years of age.
The Business or Commercial Purposes for Which We Collect Your Personal Information
We use your personal information in order to provide our Service (including providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information), to run our business (including for internal research for technological development and demonstration, activities to verify or maintain the quality of the service or improving, upgrading or enhancing our service, debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality, internal business operations, analytics, and to provide, develop, change, market or optimize our service and products), to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity, debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect this information from entities we work with, affiliates and directly from you and from your browser or device when you interact with our website.
In certain situations, we function as a business associate for certain entities (e.g., health plans, pharmacy benefit managers) pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). In the course of providing services for these entities, we may use or collect your personal information on their behalf pursuant to our contracts with them and subject to HIPAA business associate agreements. Covered Entities, such as health plans, are required to have a Notice of Privacy Practices (“NPP”) which describe how such entity may use or disclose your health information. For more information about how your health information may be used or disclosed, please refer to the applicable entity’s NPP.
The information we collect from or about you allows us to deliver Services to you and entities we work with. Depending on how you use the Site and Services, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Contact information when you provide it, such as your first name, last name and e-mail address.
- Information about medications you are seeking to fill (such as medication names and dosage) and your preferred pharmacy from health plans, pharmacy benefit managers and other entities we work with.
- Information about your drug purchase transactions using coupons or a discount card, including drug name, pharmacy location, prescribing healthcare provider and drug price from pharmacies, pharmacy benefit managers, and affiliates.
We retain the categories of personal information listed above as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. In many situations, we must retain all, or a portion, of your personal information to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, protect against fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal activity, or for another one of our business purposes.
Your Consumer Rights Under the CCPA
This section describes your various rights in relation to your personal information under the CCPA. For more information on how to effectuate such rights, please see the Submitting CCPA Requests section below.
Right to Know. You have the right to request, free of charge, that we disclose information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months (or longer, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort), including:
- The categories of personal information we collect about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information we collect about you;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, “selling,” or “sharing” the personal information;
- The categories of third parties to whom the business discloses personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we’ve collected about you.
Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we’ve collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Correction. You have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal information be corrected, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the consumer’s personal information.
Right of Non-Discrimination. You have the right to not receive discriminatory adverse treatment for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Shine the Light. California residents that have an established business relationship with us have rights to know how their information is disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civ. Code §1798.83).
Submitting CCPA Requests
Requests to Know or Delete. To exercise your rights to know or delete, you, or an authorized agent, may submit a request by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line: ATTN: Customer Service Department—California Privacy Info.
Requests to Correct. To exercise your right to correct, please log into your account and edit the information therein. Please note that we may be unable to process certain requests to correct, depending on the nature of the information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information.
Verification of Requests
Only you, or an individual legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know, delete, correct, or opt-out related to your personal information. You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know, delete, or correct must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, or that the requestor is your authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly respond to it.
We may request information from you in order to verify your identity. Additionally, we may require that authorized agents provide proof of their authorization. We cannot respond to your request if we are unable to verify your identity, your authority to make a request on behalf of another person, or if we cannot confirm that the personal information relates to you. In general, we will verify your request and your identity by matching the information you provided with the information we have in our records.
We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
SHINE THE LIGHT DISCLOSURE
The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Changes to this CCPA Notice
This CCPA Notice is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may modify this CCPA Notice at any time. Please check the revision date at the top of this page to determine if the policy has been modified since you last reviewed it.
For questions about this CCPA Notice, please email [email protected].